2.4 and bproc (revisited)

Erik Arjan Hendriks erik@hendriks.cx
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:20:07 -0500

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 10:11:03PM -0500, Rob Latham wrote:
> In the 3 months since i last asked, we have indeed seen a final
> release of 2.4, and it seems like the interfaces have at last settled
> down.
>
> What's the word on bproc in 2.4 ?  I know the last offer I heard was
> "someone ports it, we'll test it".  That still the case?

Now that 2.4 has actually arrived a port to 2.4 is certainly in
BProc's future.  I can't, however, say how soon.

I no longer work for Scyld and when I get an opportunity to port it
will depend a lot on where I end up working next.  Scyld never
supported BProc development anyway, all the work there (apart from a
few bells and whistles and bug fixes) was done on NASA's dime.

- Erik