Communication

Erik Arjan Hendriks hendriks@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 16 21:05:33 2000

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 08:37:59AM +0100, ala wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>    Maybe someone know, how to create communication between remote
>    processes?
>    It means, when process is moved to remote node, all his file
>    descriptors are close (except. stdout), I try to change stdout and
>    stderr to pipe descriptor, but it not work.
>    How to do that? I can't use fifo, because remote nodes are started
>    from the floppy disk, and do not use nfs.

That pipe is open on stdout and stderr only.  (i.e. unidirectional) So
it's not much good for communication.  (It's performance is horrible
too due to the way the connection gets maintained.)  It's really just
there so that I can see the results of printf().  Doing communication
between the tasks is really the job of higher level libraries like PVM
and MPI.  Unfortunately I haven't gotten to modifying them to work
with bproc yet.  Sorry.

- Erik
--
Erik Hendriks