Load balancing and other issues

Jeff Moyer USG jmoyer@zk3.dec.com
Wed Aug 4 12:20:09 1999

==> Regarding Load balancing and other issues; Mike Perry <mikepery@mikepery.linuxos.org> adds:

[snip]
mikepery> Second, how hard would it be to add load balancing and a real
mikepery> global proccess space to bproc? This is what I was thinking:

Perhaps Erik would like to speak for himself, but last I checked he didn't
want a distributed pid space, nor did he want a full-fledged load-balancing
system.  The goal of this project is more single system image, which is why
he masquerades the PID's in the first place.  If you are looking for a
full-fledged load-balancing system, allow me to point you to MOSIX at

        http://www.cnds.jhu.edu/mirrors/mosix/

or if you are interested more in the development of such a system, check
out:

        http://segfault.dhs.org/ProcessMigration

Regards,

        -Jeff