[Beowulf] anyone have modern interconnect metrics?

Benson Muite benson_muite at emailplus.org
Wed Jan 17 01:53:42 UTC 2024

Many clouds use COTS ethernet, eg. AWS, Alibaba, Oracle.  My expectation
is that most workloads that are tightly coupled are on hundreds of
nodes.  Networking is disaggreagated, so variance in latency will be
somewhat greater than a typical cluster, though some of the newer
topologies used in HPC can exhibit significant job interference.