[Beowulf] immersion [EXT]

Peter Clapham pc7 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 11:24:47 UTC 2024

The number of world wide DC’s that can accommodate 500kW/rack at any form of scale is very small. So this is an ever decreasing market, particularly for countries aligning with net zero commitments. So a market space is required.

The view from some companies/orgs, is that the Hyperscalars will take this worry away from you… for a price.

On prem, I guess it’s back to the beginning. Why are we doing this and how are our systems adding value and delivering the science/insights that make the magic happen. Just another controversial $0.02
Pete