[Beowulf] Thoughts on EasyBuild?

Michael Gutteridge michael.gutteridge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 08:05:37 PST 2019

We're pretty heavily invested in Easybuild (and Lmod).  It has simplified
our world as we're maintaining multiple versions of _lots_ of different
tools, are super-liberal about installing requested tools, and tend to be
pretty aggressive about deploying new releases.  It does add another layer
(the easyconfigs), but there's a huge library of existing configs so you
may not need to dig into those too much.

 - Michael