[Beowulf] Oh.. IBM eats Red Hat

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Mon Oct 29 12:45:32 PDT 2018

How well has Linux been supporting IBM's POWER processors? I would
imagine pretty well, since the Linux community always seems eager to run
on new hardware.

Could it be that the Linux community hasn't been quick enough in
accepting IBM's contributions to Linux to support POWER, so IBM decided
to buy the largest member of the community to fix that?

Or, could it be that IBM didn't have enough Linux expertise in-house to
support POWER on Linux, so they decided to buy a lot of expertise?

What do you think?

Prentice