[Beowulf] Oh.. IBM eats Red Hat

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Oct 29 04:34:55 PDT 2018

On Monday, 29 October 2018 6:42:48 PM AEDT Tony Brian Albers wrote:

> I wonder where that places us in the not too distant future..

Yeah, it's certainly a case of interesting times.  At least they do say:

https://investors.redhat.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/10-28-2018-184027500

# Upon closing of the acquisition, Red Hat will join IBM's Hybrid Cloud team
# as a distinct unit, preserving the independence and neutrality of Red Hat's
# open source development heritage and commitment, current product
# portfolio and go-to-market strategy, and unique development culture.
# Red Hat will continue to be led by Jim Whitehurst and Red Hat's current
# management team. Jim Whitehurst also will join IBM's senior management
# team and report to Ginni Rometty. IBM intends to maintain Red Hat's
# headquarters, facilities, brands and practices.

So (at least at first) it seems they intend to stay pretty hands off,
which I think is a good thing.   Fingers crossed for the future..

All the best,
Chris