[Beowulf] cursed (and perhaps blessed) Intel microcode

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Mar 29 22:28:08 PDT 2018

On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 3:14:52 AM AEDT Mark Hahn wrote:

> sorry, typo.  yes, it contains the buggy 0xb000021,
> from January, not the expected/desired 0xb00002A.

Oh!  Well that's not good... :-(

I'll try and nudge a person I know there on that...

> can I take it that you're looking for the update too (and don't have it)?

Currently waiting to see if it percolates down through the distro chains
(we're on RHEL, but I saw that Ubuntu has passed it on).

However, we've only got Skylake and KNL on the system I'm working on, though
we may inherit older nodes at some point when the older system gets
decommissioned.

All the best,
Chris