[Beowulf] New Spectre attacks - no software mitigation - what impact for HPC?

Scott Atchley e.scott.atchley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 06:38:24 PDT 2018

I saw that article as well. It seems like they are targeting using RISC-V
to build an accelerator. One could argue that you do not need speculation
within a GPU-like accelerator, but you have to get your performance from
very wide execution units with lots of memory requests in flight as a GPU
does today.