[Beowulf] nVidia revealed as evil

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 08:17:45 PST 2018

I am henceforth renaming my datacentre the “magical informatics cupboard”

Tim

On 03/01/2018, 15:58, "Beowulf on behalf of Lawrence Stewart" <beowulf-bounces at beowulf.org on behalf of stewart at serissa.com> wrote:

    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/03/nvidia_server_gpus/

    Of course you cannot use our less expensive hardware for whatever you want!  Beacuse it includes proprietary software, we can ex-post-facto forbid you from using the thing you paid for any way you want.

    Looks like Stallman was right all along.

    -L

 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research