[Beowulf] Storage Best Practices

Richter, Brian J {BIS} Brian.J.Richter at pepsico.com
Mon Feb 19 06:12:26 PST 2018

Hey All,

I was hoping to get some recommendations for Storage. Last year we set up our first HPC and I'm looking for a good strategy moving forward for Storage. We set up a dedicated space on the cluster for Storage that has 5.5 TB of space. This space can be quickly chewed up depending on the project the business is working on. Do you guys typically do a retention policy on the cluster to ensure there is always enough space? I was thinking anything older than a month should be cleaned up.

Thanks!

Brian J. Richter
Global R&D Senior Analyst * Information Technology
617 W Main St, Barrington, IL 60010
Office: 847-304-2356 * Mobile: 847-305-6306
Brian.J.Richter at pepsico.com<mailto:Brian.J.Richter at pepsico.com>