[Beowulf] RHEL7 kernel update for L1TF vulnerability breaks RDMA

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 07:54:03 PDT 2018

Hi Chris,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM, Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:
> There's 6 CVE's addressed in that update from the look of it, so it might not
> be the L1TF fix itself that has triggered it.
>
> https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2018:2384

That's true: RH mentioned an "embargo'd security fix" but didn't refer
to L1TF explicitly (which I think is not under embargo anymore).

As the reporter of the issue on the Whamcloud JIRA, I also have to
apologize for initially pointing fingers at Lustre, it didn't cross my
mind that this kind of whole RDMA stack breakage would have slipped
past Red Hat's QA.

Cheers,
--
Kilian