[Beowulf] RAID5 rebuild, remount with write without reboot?

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Sep 10 16:47:43 PDT 2017

On 07/09/17 04:33, mathog wrote:

> Is there a difference between "mount -o remount" and "mount -a" if the
> partions/logical volumes are already mounted "ro"?

I think mount -a will only try to mount filesystems that are not already
mounted.

 -a, --all
         Mount all filesystems (of the given types) mentioned in fstab.

[...]

  remount
         Attempt  to remount an already-mounted filesystem.  This is
         commonly used to change the mount flags for a filesystem,
         especially to make a readonly filesystem writeable.

> At this point I have that just "happy to be walking away"
> feeling about the whole incident.

+1 :-)

Glad to hear you survived..

cheers,
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne