[Beowulf] cluster deployment and config management

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 12:48:13 PDT 2017

Sanger made a similar separation with our FAI-based Ubuntu deployments.  The FAI part of the installation was kept as minimal as possible, with the task purely of partitioning and formatting the hard disk of the machine, determining the appropriate network card configuration, and unpacking a minimal OS image.  Further package installations and configuration was done later by cfengine (and later ansible, when we moved to that)

Regards,

Tim