[Beowulf] slow mpi init/finalize

Chris Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 18 06:00:40 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 18 October 2017 10:41:55 PM AEDT Michael Di Domenico wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Christopher Samuel
> <samuel at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > You are building Open-MPI with the config option:
> >
> > --with-verbs
> >
> > to get it to enable IB support?
>
> i'm not specifically adding that line to my configure statement.

In that case you're unlikely to be enabling Infiniband support, so you'll need
to pass that through to enable it (and you'll need to have the appropriate IB
development packages installed too).

What does this say?

ompi_info  | fgrep openib

Best of luck,
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne