[Beowulf] Monitoring and Metrics

Benson Muite benson.muite at ut.ee
Sun Oct 8 02:24:16 PDT 2017

May also be of interest:

JobDigest – Detailed System Monitoring-Based Supercomputer Application
Behavior Analysis

Dmitry Nikitenko, Alexander Antonov, Pavel Shvets, Sergey Sobolev,
Konstantin Stefanov, Vadim Voevodin, Vladimir Voevodin and Sergey Zhumatiy

http://russianscdays.org/files/pdf17/185.pdf

On 10/07/2017 04:13 PM, Paul Edmon wrote:
> So for general monitoring of the cluster usage we use:
>
> https://github.com/fasrc/slurm-diamond-collector
>
> and pipe to Graphana.  We also use XDMod:
>
> http://open.xdmod.org/7.0/index.html
>
> As for specific node alerting, we use the old standby of Nagios.
>
> -Paul Edmon-
>

> On 10/7/2017 8:21 AM, Josh Catana wrote:
>> This may have been brought up in the past, but I couldn't find much in
>> my message  archive.
>> What are people using for HPC cluster monitoring and metrics lately?
>> I've been low on time to add features to my home grown solution and
>> looking at some OTS products.
>> I'm looking for something that can do monitoring, alert on condition,
>> broken hardware, etc.
>> Also something that does system resource utilization metrics. If it
>> has a plug-in for a scheduling system like PBS where I can correlate a
>> job ID to the metrics of the systems it is currently running on or
>> previously ran on at the time, that would be an amazing plus.
>> Any of you beowulfers have any suggestions?

----
Hajussüsteemide Teadur
Arvutiteaduse Instituut
Tartu Ülikool