[Beowulf] Register article on Epyc

Scott Atchley e.scott.atchley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:00:18 PDT 2017

In addition to storage, if you use GPUs for compute, the single socket is
compelling. If you rely on the GPUs for the parallel processing, then the
CPUs are just for serial acceleration and handling I/O. A single socket
with 32 cores and 128 lanes of PCIe can handle up to eight GPUs with four
CPU cores per GPU. This would be a very dense solution and could be
attractive for data centers as well as HPC.