[Beowulf] LXD containers for cluster services and cgroups?

remy.dernat remy.dernat at univ-montp2.fr
Fri Jun 16 23:59:28 PDT 2017

Hi Lance,I am curious about how do you encapsulate the job in the right cgroups in slurm. Could you please give us some details ?Comcerning Docker as a login node (or other "service" nodes) how do you manage its deployment ? Basically, with registry and pull, with swarm/mesos/kubernetes ?
@John: I know there is a tight integration of Docker in HTCondor (see Docher HTcondor universe application); it could be modified easily to submit singularity jobs (I know some ppl are doing this). On our clusters we are using singularity like any other apps with environment modules+SGE (without cgroups).Concerning LXD we used to deploy some containers of that type to some external machines. Then, these containers were connected to the rest of the cluster (that is an easy way to make our cluster bigger). However, even if it works well within an experimental environment, it did not gave us full satisfaction in production (problems with isolating the container from the host).For the service nodes perhaps you can also look at proxmox to create LXC containers and manage these ones more easily.
Best regardsRemy

Envoyé depuis mon appareil Samsung