[Beowulf] Administrivia: emergency Mailman work for the Beowulf list

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 4 17:57:56 PDT 2017

Hi all,

The emergency work detailed below is now completed and 493 subscribers
have had their email re-enabled after it was disabled by bounces.

Users sending from sites that use DMARC will now have their From: header
rewritten to look like it comes to the list to stop this happening in
future, sorry about that.

All the best,
Chris

On 05/07/17 10:07, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Someone sent a message from a site that uses DMARC last night and
> consequently almost 500 subscribers had their subscriptions suspended as
> DMARC requires sites to break the well understood semantics of the From:
> header by rewriting it.
>
> I'm about to install the latest backport of Mailman on beowulf.org which
> will then allow me to automatically reject any DMARC'd emails to the
> list as a quick fix.
>
> Then I'll need to work out how to get the folks who got dropped back
> onto the list. :-/
>
> Sorry about this,
> Chris

 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne