[Beowulf] clusters of beagles

Jeffrey Layton laytonjb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:26:53 PST 2017

There are lots of people who have built clusters of RPi's and other SBC's.
I've got a 5-node RPi2 sitting on my desk next to me. It's fun to play with
once in a while :)

AFAIK, Warewulf will not work on the RPI series. I've forgotten the exact
reason but I think it's because they can't tftp boot. I've been begging
Greg to do a port to RPi's, but he's pretty busy.

I haven't tried the BB yet. There are some SBC's coming that are 64-bit
(there are some now such as the Pine64), and some with Intel processors
(udoo x86 - http://www.udoo.org/ ). I'm waiting for the udoo x86 boards to
start shipping (that and the Pinebook laptop -
https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=3707 ).

Jeff

P.S. Just don't expect great performance from some of the SBC's. The
network performance and memory BW leaves something to be desired. But for
$35-$100 per system, it's very affordable and lots of fun to play with.