[Beowulf] recommendations on ARM distro?

Carlos Linares Lopez clinares at inf.uc3m.es
Thu May 12 12:58:49 PDT 2016

My first e-mail in the list, ...something I finally understand! :)

I have a small cluster of 3 odroid u3 running Unbuntu 14.04 LTS (I do
have to update it these days to 16.04). I use condor and it works very
nicely

You can see a short demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QPX50u4rg

El 12/5/16 a las 21:09, C Bergström escribió:
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> we have a (tiny) experimental ARM box - based on Cavium ThunderX, but have
>> run into basic issues with distros (ie, ARM+ldap+ubuntu=fail).
>>
>> If you're using ARM (on something bigger than a RPi), what distro are you
>> using?
> I don't have 1st hand experience with the combination you're
> referencing above, but peanut gallery comments
>
> 1) I'd encourage you to retry the default Cavium provided OS - I
> realize that the package manager may not be fun, but they have thus
> far been good about software support for our needs
>
> 2) Fedora has put quite a bit of effort into their AArch64 distro

Carlos Linares López