[Beowulf] Soliciting participation at checkpoint-Restore micro-conference at Linux Plumbers conference

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 15 17:13:17 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

Pavel Emelyanov who runs the Checkpoint Restart In Userspace project
http://criu.org posted to the Open-MPI list yesterday looking for
participants in the proposed checkpoint-restart micro-conference at the
annual Linux Plumbers conference:

OMPI posting from the archive:

https://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2016/03/18695.php

C/R microconf wiki page:

http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2016:checkpoint-restart

He's happy for me to pass on this information to this list in case there
would be interested participants here as well.

Please respond back to him on this, I've copied him in and set Reply-To:
to go back to him.

If you've not heard of Linux Plumbers, the conference describes itself
thus in their FAQ:

# The Linux Plumbers Conference (LPC) is a developer conference for
# the open source community. The LPC brings together the top developers
# working on the “plumbing” of Linux — kernel subsystems, core
# libraries, windowing systems, etc. — and gives them three days
# to work together on core design problems. The conference is divided
# into several working sessions focusing on different “plumbing”
# topics, as well as a general paper track.

It started in 2008, as described in this contemporary LWN article:

https://lwn.net/Articles/299763/

All the best,
Chris