[Beowulf] [OT] MPI-haters

Nathan Pimental nathansaint1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:12:12 PST 2016

I happen to be an amateur chemist of sorts (my beowulf interest stemming
from analytical chemistry). I totally missed the first post. In regards to
separation, I'm fairly certain dioxane dissolves sugar (easily made from
dehydrating ethylene glycol in antifreeze). Since it doesn't dissolve salt,
you could perform an extraction from the water solution, as long as there
was a high enough percentage of salt in the water to keep the dioxane from
dissolving in it.

This is now highly off-topic, but I've always wanted to have an email list
for chemistry, something like Usenet, better than a forum, and with a more
close community than a forum; what software does this board use? Perhaps
there are some members interested in chemistry...?

Thanks,
Nathan

--Nathan Pimental,
--Peppertree Labs (http://ptp.x10.mx)