[Beowulf] Scaling issues on Xeon E5-2680

John Hearns John.Hearns at xma.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 23:36:52 PST 2016

Backing up what everyone else says.  DO you know how the 24 core jobs are being distributed between sockets and cores.

Also as a very naive diagnostic, just run 'top' or even better 'htop' while the jobs are running.
I KNOW this isnt a great diagnostic for parallel programs, but sometimes you can notice patterns.
Select the option in top to show you the cores which are running.

Also keep an eye on the memory assignments at the top - you are not going into swap?
Are any processes going into D sttes for extended amounts of time?