[Beowulf] Why supercomputing centers love Linux

Olli-Pekka Lehto olli-pekka.lehto at csc.fi
Thu Aug 25 00:51:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

We decided to do a blog post on some of the reasons why we love Linux at our HPC center and thought it might be of interest to this list as well:
http://bit.ly/2bjYNlI

Not an exhaustive list of reasons by any means but this is what we came up with. It would be interesting to hear your take on this as well if you have some different ideas.

Fun factoid: ftp.funet.fi operated by our company (CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.) is the place where Linux was originally unleashed on the world.

Best regards,
Olli-Pekka