[Beowulf] HP Enterprise to buy SGI

Stu Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 18:18:19 PDT 2016

I think I heard a rumour some months ago that HP was considering using SGI
gear for their next non-stop type machines... so it isn't that much of a
surprise.

The network that Cray developed about 20years ago still has life :)

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Christopher Samuel <samuel at unimelb.edu.au>
wrote:

> On 12/08/16 09:39, Jeffrey Layton wrote:
>
> > Any opinions or observations Chris?
>
> The first thing that came to mind was (to quote a certain bowl of
> petunias created by Douglas Adams):
>
> "Oh no, not again"
>
> But that's just an emotional reaction, not substantive.
>
> I would hope that they don't stuff up their service side of things, at
> least here in Australia they've always been really good and made it very
> easy to get things fixed.
>
> That's about it for now..
>
> cheers,
> Chris
> --
>  Christopher Samuel        Senior Systems Administrator
>  VLSCI - Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative
>  Email: samuel at unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545
>  http://www.vlsci.org.au/      http://twitter.com/vlsci

Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at sdm900.com