[Beowulf] Diagnosing Discovery issue xCat
nick.c.evans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:21:21 PDT 2015
Thanks for the insight. My switch table is as follows
I did origionaly have just "2c" for the snmpversion and have now tried 1,
2c, SNMPv1, SNMPv2c... All with now luck.
Will have to get wire shark onto it and find out what is happening.
On 1 September 2015 at 13:43, Christopher Samuel <samuel at unimelb.edu.au>
> Hi Nick,
> On 01/09/15 12:54, Nick Evans wrote:
> > Any pointers on where to look for anything that might shed some light
> > on this issue will be helpful. Also do i need to specifically get the
> > MIBS file for the switch as i don't recall needing to to this in the
> > past?
> I'm just bringing up a new cluster with xCAT and found that I was having
> issues with xCAT talking to the switches for discovery of the blade
> It turned out that whilst the documentation said that xCAT defaults to
> using SNMPv1 by default it actually takes the default of the underlying
> library and that now is SNMPv3.
> So we did:
> # tabdump switches
> You can tell for certain with wireshark or tcpdump.
> If that is the case for that you can just set it as above (of course
> you'll want "Cisco" instead of "BNT" for yours).
> Best of luck!
> Christopher Samuel Senior Systems Administrator
> VLSCI - Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative
> Email: samuel at unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545
> http://www.vlsci.org.au/ http://twitter.com/vlsci
> Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org sponsored by Penguin Computing
> To change your subscription (digest mode or unsubscribe) visit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Beowulf