[Beowulf] Who else is going to SC14 ?

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Fri Nov 14 06:28:13 PST 2014

> On 11/13/2014 11:42 AM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
>> On 11/12/2014 07:51 PM, Christopher Samuel wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Just wondering who else is attending SC14 this year in New Orleans?
>>>
>>> I'll be there as part of VLSCI on the Australian HPC Booth (#3833),
>>> though with briefings and the like I'll be flitting around as usual.
>>>
>>> http://www.australianhpc.org.au/
>>>
>>> If people are interested I'll be doing a site report about VLSCI at the
>>> Slurm booth (#2557) at 1pm on Wednesday.  Must get some time to write
>>> that soon..
>>>
>>> All the best!
>>> Chris
>>
>> I'll be there. I'll look for you there as usual. I'll do my best to see
>> your site report.
>

> We'll be there in booth #3053 .  You can see our SC14 page here:
> https://scalableinformatics.com/sc14 .  Lots of talks at the booth,
> great customers and partners.  Will have a half rack of our 1PB @ 20GB/s
> unit there (engineering version, which means not 1PB ...), and lots of
> other cool things.
>
> Limulus will be there.  Seriously, I love the concept and implementation
> of a personal deskside supercomputer/cluster.  Its very awesome.  And
> designed/built by Beowulf's own Doug Eadline (of Basement Supercomputing).
>
> I'll be tweeting on @sijoe and @scalableinfo on this.  Probably blogging
> over at https://scalability.org .
>
> And of course, there is beobash ... and we'll be there as well.

Thanks, Joe, and to those attending SC14, I'll be giving a
talk in Scalable's booth (3053) entitled:

  Hadoop Version 2 is a Big Deal and Why HPC Should Pay Attention

More details and times here: goo.gl/jbzL0h

Plus I have some free Hadoop V2 books and discount codes
for those that jump out of their seats, clap, and cheer the
most at the end of my talks.

About Limulus, if you want to talk tech and deskside HPC stop buy.
I have new white papers and some recent 10GigE numbers. Scalable
is going to let us use the big screen to demonstrate and play
with things.

--
Doug

--