[Beowulf] Infiniband Support ?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 05:23:30 PDT 2014

Amjad,
I agree with what Andrew says - you can buy some very powerful single
motherboard systems these days.

I would suggest two things though:

a) if you are planning to use this cluster for learning about MPI and
cluster interconnects why not get some gigabit ethernet cards plus a
gigabit switch?

b) Look for second hand Infiniband cards and a switch on eBay.
    Or look at  Colfax Direct sell  http://www.colfaxdirect.com

I saw one of these rather nifty eigght port switches from Mellanox at Cloud
Expo in London:

http://www.colfaxdirect.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=601&idcategory=7

Sweet!
Or even easier the twelve port version: