[Beowulf] I'm so glad I didn't buy one of these

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Wed Jul 2 14:31:04 PDT 2014

$100,000 (USD) per day to operate, users get billed.

    "It's like a giant with a super body but without the software to
    support its thinking soul," Chi said. Some users would need years or
    even a decade to write the necessary code, he added.

Ouch...

--
Jeff Johnson

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117

High-performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage