[Beowulf] Mutiple IB networks in one cluster

Alan Louis Scheinine alscheinine at tuffmail.us
Thu Feb 6 19:51:10 PST 2014

When I wrote "the number of nonblocking connections is typically
much less than the number of nodes" I had in mind the telephone
network (in the age of copper wires).  Are you sure that "1/2 the
nodes can make a single call to the other 1/2 of the nodes" is
typical of a computer interconnect?  I thought that the typical
cross-sectional bandwidth was less, or am I mistaken?
Alan Scheinine