[Beowulf] Mutiple IB networks in one cluster

atchley tds.net atchley at tds.net
Wed Feb 5 09:33:42 PST 2014

Hi Bill,

I am not clear as to what you are saying.

I understand non-oversubscribed, fat-tree networks to be described as
non-blocking for "some" bi-sections of the nodes, but not for all
bi-sections. It is possible to block in a "non-blocking" network except on
the local crossbar.

At least that is what Chuck Seitz drove into our heads whenever we said
that a Clos was non-blocking. :-)

Scott