[Beowulf] Putting /home on Lusture of GPFS

Chris Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Dec 25 15:39:59 PST 2014

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:44:03 AM Michael Di Domenico wrote:

> Hmmm, i haven't followed GPFS all that much since probably 2005'ish,
> is snapshots in it fairly new?  I don't recall them being there way
> back then.  Perhaps a re-evaluation is in order...

I've only been using GPFS since 2010 and we've used them since then (can't
remember the version we started on, sorry!).

One thing we couldn't do was snapshots on an HSM GPFS filesystem (using TSM for
Space Management).  Apparently that's now supported in GPFS 4.x and TSM 7.x
and so those upgrades are something on our list of tasks for the coming year.

All the best,
Chris