[Beowulf] Open source and the Draft Report of the Task Force on High Performance Computing

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Thu Aug 28 06:50:10 PDT 2014

Gavin,

You didn't read the full sentence. The keyword is 'commercial' (I added
the emphasis):

> There has been very little open source that has made its way into broad use
>    within the HPC COMMERCIAL community where great emphasis is placed on
>    serviceability and security

This shouldn't be news to most of us. In the commercial world, it seems a lot of managers want to pay for commercial software so they can call/blame/sue someone when something goes wrong with the software. This is why Red Hat Enterprise Linux exists.

Prentice Bisbal
Manager of Information Technology
Rutgers Discovery Informatics Institute (RDI2)
Rutgers University
http://rdi2.rutgers.edu