[Beowulf] ELK query "Elasticsearch, logstash and Kibana"

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Aug 9 21:19:32 PDT 2014

Nanoseconds?
You need something like a GPS (run of the mill is good to 10-50 ns) or IEEE-1588 timing distribution (Precision Time Protocol)

If you have accurate 1pps to appropriate hardware on your nodes, then getting (much better) than sub-microsecond timing is more a matter of software than the hardware.

James Lux, P.E.
Task Manager, FINDER – Finding Individuals for Disaster and Emergency Response
Co-Principal Investigator, SCaN Testbed (née CoNNeCT) Project
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Drive, MS 161-213
Pasadena CA 91109
+1(818)354-2075