[Beowulf] Docker in HPC

INKozin i.n.kozin at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 27 07:11:24 PST 2013

Hi Peter,
we are running LSF 9.1.1.1 on one of our new clusters here at ICR. We
allowed jobs sharing nodes but enabled cgroups support in LSF to perform
job isolation using core and memory control. So far so good. SGE supports
cgroups too but I don't know how well.

Compartmentalisation is interesting for us too. For example, in the context
when several versions of the same application must be maintained and
provided for users but the apps in turn depend on various perl/python/R
modules the version requirements of which may contradict to each other.
Perhaps if ensemble could be shipped as a container that could be a start.

Best
Igor