[Beowulf] Clustering VPS servers

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 22 07:25:12 PDT 2013

B41;291;0c> Derailing this topic slightly do you have any good tutorials as to steps in
> regards to compiling the kernel?

since it is entirely OT, why not politely trim your response?

compiling the kernel requires no tutorial: it's a big tarball from kernel.org,
so you just type "make".  you'll need the usual gcc and dev-related tools
installed.  the Makefile has several targets, and has an optional mechanism
for interactively choosing config options.  the targets you care most about
will probably include the bzImage, modules and initrd - the Makefile will
not only build but optionally install these for you.

I'm a bit skeptical about whether non-distro kernels will make a noticable
difference - if anyone has examples, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

regards, mark hahn.