[Beowulf] Innovative liquid cooling

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 7 12:09:40 PST 2013

Angel Delight is chemically different  than whipped dessert toppings(I am familiar with other products of Bird's in the familiar red yellow blue can , having English in-laws).

According to Wikipedia, Bird's products are, generally, more of a cornstarch product that forms an interesting gel.  I haven't tried it, but if you fill a bowl with Bird's it should stiffen on impact (e.g. hitting it with a spatula), while Reddi-Whip and CoolWhip will disperse widely.   (an experiment for this weekend.. although I don't know if I can get Angel Delight.. the regular custard mix will have to do)

There are also fast mousse recipes using a mixture of some liquid and gelatin that is foamed and cooled.  One could probably do an interesting version with liquid (unset) Jello(r) and liquid nitrogen.

I leave it to others on the list to numerically model this very interesting non-Newtonian fluid.  It's a very complex behavior to model.

Jim Lux