[Beowulf] Utility Supercomputing...

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Fri Mar 1 09:59:47 PST 2013

> Hey team Beowulf,
> I, as most of you, always give a big hairy technical eyeball to any statements that include MPI and "cloud".  I know I'm biased, but I do think Jason does a great job of >explaining "the bench", i.e. never assume raw horsepower until you test it!  Always reminds me of those 1,000bhp motors that are only great in straight lines ;-)

Ahem! I resent that remark!
Our motors go very well around corners I'll have you know.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105778

But you're correct - raw horsepower is not everything.
As I often say 'Any fool can go down to PC World and buy a stack of CPUs'

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.