[Beowulf] Bolts of Thunder and Upgraded desktop interconnect silicon....

James Cuff james_cuff at harvard.edu
Mon Jun 10 18:55:59 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Christopher Samuel
<samuel at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> On 11/06/13 08:57, James Cuff wrote:
>
>> we appear to have a second version of a 20GB/s consumer connection
>>  (latency unknown), and yet this search:
>
> No idea about the future, but the immediate history of Thunderbolt
> doesn't seem particularly encouraging, as Matt Garrett recounts:
>
> http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/15948.html

Rats!  But also great in a way to see that folks have tried.

Thanks Chris - this needs some eyeballs on for sure.

I've tried this twitter thing that some folks seem to think is
worthwhile, maybe Matt will chip in :-)

https://twitter.com/jamesdotcuff/status/344271356659118080

Best,

j.