[Beowulf] { hopefully on topic } tools for measuring dir sizes and growth trends on 30TB+ scale-out NAS?

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 05:26:56 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Hearns, John <john.hearns at mclaren.com> wrote:
> Kilian, thankyou for that.
> Somehow I had it in my mind that Robinhood was specifically for Lustre
> filesystems,
> I have looked at it in the past.
> A closer read reveals that it has more general-purpose tools.

It is indeed. It's more like a swiss-army knife for filesystems, and
we (at CEA) use it for a whole variety of purposes, from HSM
migrations to users scoring (we give each user a score based on the
profile of their files, and we tie quota exceptions to that score),
filesystem monitoring and blazing fast usage reports.

The documentation is pretty comprehensive, but if you have any
question, or any problem, don't hesitate to shoot an email to the
support mailing list.

Cheers,
--
Kilian