[Beowulf] AMD performance (was 500GB systems)

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 12 14:27:31 PST 2013

Not a single test in HPC tested memory with more than 1 core at the
time.

There were a few pingpong latency tests getting performed single core
by some manufacturers using a raw sort of implementation which wasn't
very realistic.

For  software engineers to optimize his software it's crucial to have
accurate technical information
on performance of the hardware.

I had to write therefore tests to test the basic hardware performance
in order to know where to design
the software better.

If you call that 'full of yourself', i realize what sort of
'scientist' you are.