[Beowulf] SSD caching for parallel filesystems

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Fri Feb 8 08:32:51 PST 2013

On 02/08/2013 11:29 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> Brock the pcie SSD's from ocz the enterprise ones seem to have insane
> performance.

These are exactly the SSD's I'm referring to that suffer from SATAe
internal interface overheads.  I would caution everyone to make sure you
try before you buy with these guys.

If you have the cash, FusionIO does native PCIe interfacing with the
internal flash packages, and therefore truly delivers the numbers
they're reporting.  Not sure about Virident, but those are traditionally
solid devices as well (also expensive however).  I think Micron also has
a native PCIe device in the wild now, the P320h?  Anybody know of other,
native PCIe devices?

Best,

ellis