[Beowulf] SSD caching for parallel filesystems

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 7 10:20:42 PST 2013

On 02/06/2013 06:24 PM, Brendan Moloney wrote:
> You could use something like CacheFS for client side caching, but this
> will always be a read only cache.

That might not be a problem. Fusion-io's directCache is a write-though
cache, so all writes are to disk, anyway. I think several other products
behave the same to protect data integrity.

> The newer versions of CacheCade can do write caching which could be
> pretty useful for speeding up RAID6 on the servers. Pretty sure there
> are other options to do write caching on the server (like Bcache).

I'm looking for something that can cache a parallel filesystem from the
client side. From what I've read of CacheCade, it only works with local
disks directly attached to the PERC controller.