[Beowulf] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MT27500 problems

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 04:52:06 PDT 2013

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the reply.

As I said, I have looked for a firmware upgrade here. From that side
which I got from the technical support there is no upgrade available. The
version I can download here is 2.10.700 which is the one I have installed.

Just to complicate things, I cannot find the PSID  SM_2181000001000 on the link
you gave me. Unfortunately, the other information on that and similar sides
are confusing as well as I would not know which exact card I got here.

I am actually using the Mellanox mlxburn program here as I am unable to get
the information I want with the OFED mstflint.

Any ideas?

By the way, do you have a card or is it mounted on the motherboard?

All the best and thanks for your suggestions (I am looking into the cables as

On Monday 29 April 2013 10:10:13 you wrote:
> On 28 April 2013 08:35, Jörg Saßmannshausen <j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk>
> > Hi Brice,
> [snip]
> > That is what I get:
> > $ ibv_devinfo -v
> > hca_id: mlx4_0
> >
> >         transport:                      InfiniBand (0)
> >         fw_ver:                         2.10.700
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> >                         active_width:           4X (2)
> >                         active_speed:           5.0 Gbps (2)
> >                         phys_state:             LINK_UP (5)
> >
> > I got the latest firmware as that was my first thougth.
> I had a similar problem with the same cards and a Qlogic switch (the
> cards would only go to DDR instead of QDR). Upgrading the HCA firmware
> solved the problem.
> My firmware version is 2.11.500, not 2.10.700 as your output shows,
> you can get the firmware from here:
> http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_ConnectX3IB
> Cheers
> --