[Beowulf] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MT27500 problems

Jonathan Barber jonathan.barber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 02:10:13 PDT 2013

On 28 April 2013 08:35, Jörg Saßmannshausen <j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Brice,

[snip]

> That is what I get:
> $ ibv_devinfo -v
> hca_id: mlx4_0
>         transport:                      InfiniBand (0)
>         fw_ver:                         2.10.700
> [ ... ]
>                         active_width:           4X (2)
>                         active_speed:           5.0 Gbps (2)
>                         phys_state:             LINK_UP (5)
>
> I got the latest firmware as that was my first thougth.

I had a similar problem with the same cards and a Qlogic switch (the
cards would only go to DDR instead of QDR). Upgrading the HCA firmware
solved the problem.

My firmware version is 2.11.500, not 2.10.700 as your output shows,
you can get the firmware from here:
http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_ConnectX3IB

Cheers
--