[Beowulf] Definition of HPC

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Apr 18 10:07:19 PDT 2013

> cluster and build my own storage at home, so I can do research without
> constantly having day or more delays in trying to flush a cache or do
> something similarly simple but requiring of root.

As an aside, a normal user can trigger a drop of the caches before the start of a job.
If you have looked into it,  sudo echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches is well nigh impossible.
But you can run an suid  C program which does effectively the same job.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.