[Beowulf] partitioning L3 by page coloring

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 21:56:58 PDT 2013

That technique was used in some of my U of Toronto friends' PhD thesis
research & projects:

"Managing Shared L2 Caches on Multicore Systems in Software"

"Reducing the Harmful Effects of Last-Level Cache Polluters with an
OS-Level, Software-Only Pollute Buffer"

IIRC, all those techniques are OS only, with no changes to the CPU MMU
or cache mapping logic.