[Beowulf] Roadrunner shutdown

Bret Stouder brets at senecadata.com
Wed Apr 3 06:27:43 PDT 2013

Prentice:

For the money you could buy a lot more real computational cycles that last a lot longer than anything proprietary from IBM.  The reason the Origins have been out of production for a long time is the result of research moving to a commodity server platform.  Taken a look at what Cray offers lately?  Looks a lot like commodity.  If you are going to take the time to port code, it seems that a reasonable argument could be made to stay away from Blue Gene and port to Cuda or Phi.

Bret